A Wright kind of night

Eau Claire-based band The Daredevil Christopher Wright returns to their old stomping grounds this weekend with a host of strong openers in tow.

Brothers Jonathan and Jason Sunde, along with friend Jesse Edgington, make up The Daredevil Christopher Wright, an indie folk-pop trio. They are set to release their second full-length album, “The Nature of Things,” on June 26.

“Recently we’ve been preparing for the release of the new record,” bassist Jason Sunde said. “For quite a while we were absorbed in writing and recording the new record, and now it feels good to perform more consistently.”

The band returns to the Chippewa Valley — they’re all from Amery, and the Sundes both attended UW-Eau Claire — at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Grand Little Theatre, with bands Common Loon, Santah, and Icarus, Himself rounding out the show.

“Our main goal when playing in Eau Claire is to bring in some good touring acts,” Jason Sunde said. “I think that touring acts are the lifeblood of a music scene actually.”

Champaign, Ill.-based Common Loon calls their style psych-rock-pop. Jason Sunde said he thinks they just know how to write a song.

The band Santah hails from Chicago and describes its sound as a blend of summery pop and atmospheric folk-rock.

Aside from Daredevil, the show will host another group native to Wisconsin — Madison-based Icarus, Himself — with whom Daredevil has played shows before. Icarus, Himself released their full-length album, “Career Culture,” back in October and is looking forward to returning to band members’ Karl Christenson and Brad Kolberg’s alma mater.

“We have played Eau Claire a few times now, and it’s always great,” drummer Kolberg said. “We’ve made some friends, the bands are great, the crowds are always in to it, and EC always feels like a little vacation for us. Karl (Christenson) and (I) went to UWEC a few years back, so it’s always nice to get back, hit the Joynt, play a show and see some familiar faces.”

Sunde said he hopes the mix of bands will draw in attendees.

“What I hope that anyone who comes to our show will take away is a beautiful experience and one that draws people together,” he said, “The bands playing the show all make some great music. I’m excited for it.”

Sunde also noted the venue: “We’re playing at Grand Little Theatre, a great all-ages venue where music is the center of the experience.”

Senior Scott Morfitt, a longtime friend and fan of the band, said he, too, likes the venue choice.

“I think off-campus, all-ages shows are very important in general,” Morfitt said. “There’s so much happening, for a town of 60,000. Students should get out and experience Eau Claire, and this show is a valuable thing for that, too.”

Students can catch The Daredevil Christopher Wright, Common Loon, Santah, and Icarus, Himself at 7 p.m. on Saturday at Grand Little Theatre, 102 West Grand Ave. Tickets are $6 at the door.