photo online2Pio-HC_zps45796982.jpg
Filed under Currents

Tuesday’s special

Tuesday’s special

The Eau Claire women's rugby team played its last home match of the season Saturday, losing a fast-paced, rough-and-tumble game to Marquette University 15-5. The team was satisfied with its performance at the highly anticipated Marquette contest, although it ultimately ended in a loss, senior Timoly Sommer said.

This recipe is not a food that will help you lose weight. In fact, it will do the opposite. It is the ultimate dessert.

It is sweet, chocolaty, ooey-gooey, and crunchy yet soft. I’m talking about the Chocolate Chip Cookie Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar. You might suffer a heart attack just by looking at it, but let me tell you, it is darn well worth it.

In a brownie pan, first flatten out a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough. For time’s sake, I just bought premade dough. Then, put Oreo cookies on top — Double Stuf preferred, obviously. I put as many as I could fit in one layer.

Lastly, pour brownie mix over the Oreos. Again, to make it easier, I just bought a brownie mix and just added eggs, water, and oil. Slather hot fudge on top of the brownies for extra-chocolaty goodness (can you say “yum”?). Then bake it in the oven for about 40 minutes, depending on how gooey you like your brownies.

When you take it out of the oven, wait for it to cool enough so that you can cut it into small  squares. When I took my bars out, I could not wait to eat them, and I cut into them right away. While it wasn’t really a big deal, it didn’t come out in a nice square, layered form.

Instead, it fell apart and just looked like a pile of chocolaty mush on my plate—not that it wasn’t delicious.

As much as you can, try and resist the urge to eat it right away. It looks so much nicer when it comes out in cute, layered squares. It’s really cool to see the chocolate chip cookie layer, the Oreo cookie layer, and then brownie layer. So pretty!

You don’t have to stop there, though. To make the brownie even better (you didn’t think it was possible, did you?), top off each square with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream and some more hot fudge on top. Add your favorite toppings: caramel sauce, nuts, sprinkles, marshmallow fluff, cherries, etc. You could even put some of those ingredients inside the bars as their own separate layers.

So put aside your Spring Break diets for just a little bit longer, because you will not be able to stop thinking about this delicious treat until you try it.