Taylor’s spring fashion tips

Taylor Kuether

• Choose flats over flip flops. Flats add polish to any outfit; save the flip flops for the poolside in the heat of the summer months.
  • Utilize layering: Try a light cardigan over a tee or tank top this time of year.
  • Retro is really popular right now. Wedge heels, high-waisted jeans, shorts, and skirts, and billowy tops tucked in and/or belted are making a comeback.
  • Trade in black neutrals for a spring update — try navy, khaki, or olive green.
  • Be sure to check the weather before picking out your clothes; as we all know, spring in Wisconsin can be fickle. Try wunderground.com for accurate, up-to-date weather.
  • Wayfarers seem to be the most popular sunglasses at the moment. If you don’t want to splurge on classic Ray-bans, Ragstock has tortoiseshell and black frames and Target offers a wide array of colors and even prints.
  • If you’re into prints, try ditsy-print florals or white polka dots.
  • As for colors, bright citrus and melon colors, like orange, are huge this spring. If you want to be more subtle, try mixing the brights into your accessories.
  • With accessories, quirky ones are best right now. Try more off-beat jewelry, such as thrift store or vintage finds.