Homecoming 2012: Everything you need to know
Homecoming activities are in full swing with more activities coming up.
Here are some highlights for the eventful weekend:
- Voting for King and Queen will end at 9 a.m. Friday morning. Students will receive an email with a link to take them to the voting site. Blugold login will be required for all students.
- Varsity Night Live!, a student talent show, will begin at 7 p.m. in Zorn Arena. Comedian Samuel Comroe will emcee the event. Homecoming coronation will follow the show.
- Higherground, located in Crest Wellness Center, will host a Homecoming Dance Party. Admission is $1 or free with a Homecoming button.
- The Big Band Extravaganza will begin at noon Sept. 28 and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 29 at the Haas Fine Arts Center in Gantner Concert Hall.
- The Davies Center grand opening will begin at 4 p.m. There will be performances by the Singing Statesmen and the Blugold Marching Band. Beverages and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- The Homecoming parade will begin at 10 a.m. on First Avenue where it will end on Water Street.
- The Homecoming football game will begin at 1 p.m. against the UW-Stout Blue Devils at Carson Park. Shuttles to the football game will be available at Towers Hall, Second Avenue and Water Street bus stops beginning at 11 a.m. They will run until 30 minutes after the game.
- Sunday will wrap up the weekend with the Adopt-a-Block event. Students from different organizations will help pick up trash from different zones in the Randall Park neighborhood.
Have fun and enjoy yourself, but make sure to be responsible and safe, Blugolds. Happy Homecoming!
-from The Spectator